Saturday, June 9, 2012

"WHERE THERE IS LOVE LET THERE BE MARRIAGE"

Recently I've been in cahoots with local wedding officiator, Tim Greathouse on a pretty cool project. Tim is currently on a mission to collect 2,000 signatures to help the Freedom to Marry Ohio advocacy group repeal and replace Ohio's 2004 amendment to the Ohio constitution that bans same sex marriage. In order to do this Tim needed some signs created to display at his signature "collection sites" (some of which being the wedding receptions of a few voluntary couples). Check out Tim's specific post on the matter here.

Tim was definitely one of those "dream" clients. He sent me the copy he wanted on the poster and he suggested the use of gay/lesbian alliance symbology, the rest was up to me! AWESOME. I knew I wanted to exercise my hand-done typography skills for this project and that I wanted the type to have a calligraphic/wedding invitation feel. I also wanted to incorporate the symbol for gay/lesbian alliance in a subtle way. vvv Cheggitout vvv



No comments:

Post a Comment