Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chili Recipe

My final project in Experimental Typography class was to design a chili recipe card. We could pick any kind of chili recipe. Our professor encouraged us to choose a recipe that would be conducive to imagery and lend itself to a certain esthetic. My recipe is for Hellfire Habanero chili. My design is a mix of hell, spicy, and western imagery. The paper stock I used was this BRIGHT florescent orange paper.. I wanted something that screamed HOT and that would work well with my design. Unfortunately this made the final printed piece very difficult to photograph since cameras and scanners don't register florescents or red/oranges very well. I did the best I could but it looks best in person! This piece was printed using 3 custom ordered polymer plates.






The last picture kind of shows how bright the paper really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment