Friday, December 2, 2011

Hey ya'll!

It's been a while since I've posted on here.. I've been so busy with school! But guess what? I'm DONE! FINISHED! OUTTA HERE! I graduated about a week ago. Yay!!!

Anyway, I took a class called Experimental Typography this past semester. It's a pretty sweet class that mainly uses letterpress (screen printing, stencils, digital printing, etc. may be used in combination with letterpress) to create and print designs.

One of our projects was to design an event poster. That's it. Any event, any size poster, any colors, any whatever. The event I came up with was a scary movie marathon titled "AHHHHS*!!" (or AHHHSHIP..AHHHSHOT...AHHHSH... you get it). The assignment was given to us around Halloween time, which happens to be my favorite holiday! I absolutely LOVE scary movies, so this was a fun project for me.

I ended up using silver ink and this speckled grey gravestoney paper. The image was digitally printed first then all the type was (painstakingly) handset by mwha.





No comments:

Post a Comment