Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Prompt: To Design a book about a person chosen off of the Time 100 list of most influential people. We were encouraged to find a not so well known aspect about the person and focus the book around that. I chose Charlie Chaplin and concentrated on his promiscuous love life. It was a very fun and informative project!
Size: 8.5 x 5.5”

This is the case for the book. I printed on it using an ink-jet printer and canvas material so it has a fabric feel to it. I chose this material to give it and almost personal diary-like feel while also referencing the "old-time" Screenplay scripts that would come in worn envelopes. My halftone elements were derived from the use of halftones in early photography printing (a technique that is still used today in newspapers and screenprinting). I designed the case and book to have an old-time feel without being too kitchy or obvious. I feel I reached a nice balance between modern and vintage graphic design.


Front


Back


Spine


Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment